Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sorry guys I haven't been writing more entries. I've been dealing with injuries
and now am adjusting my training. Before I seemed to be concerned with how much
weight I could do, which isnt a bad thing. But if your not in the sport of
weightlifting it can detrimental. In my case, causing injuries. Recently I read and article about Anatoliy Bondarchuk. He put strength training for athletes into 2 categories, general strength and special strength. Check it out. So general strength is still important, but once you get to a certain level it will have a less correlation to your performance than special strength will. So by the request of Chad Smith I started the 5/3/1 program to get stronger with going heavy too much.
Earlier today at Reign we did wrestling drills and went live from positions. It
was a hard practice and I felt tired but I wanted to get a good workout because
I'm leaving for Florida for 3 says to do a video/promo shoot for Bellator.

Here's the workout:

Deadlift 135 x 5 x 225 x 3
275 x 3 295 x 5 340 x 5 385 x 10(seen in above video)

Bench Bar x 10 95 x 5 140 x 5 165 x 5 185 x 10

Chest Supported Row 45lbs x 50

Workout was short and sweet which is what I need. So I can have as much time as
possible to recover for the workout on the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment